ABC Soup


ABC soup is as easy as ABC or 1,2,3! It is one of the most common soup in an Asian family, and well accept by kids too. I think this is also one of the best way to trick kids into eating vegetables or getting their daily nutrition.

Why ABC, one may ask. Dad used to tell me that's because you'll get Vitamin A, B and C at the same times while having this soup.  

To make this healthy, hearty and full of nutrition soup, it's very simple.

Ingredients:
2 big brown onion
4 carrots
3 big potato (preferably floury potato like Coliban or King Edward, if not Royal Blue should work)
3 tomatoes (in my case, I've used 5 roma tomatoes)
1 chicken carcass (in my case, I've used 2 chicken drumsticks and 2 chicken wings plus some chicken bones found in the freezer)
approx. 3lt water.
1 tbls white peppercorn (alternatively, it can be quite peppery, not suitable for kids)

Steps:
1. Blanch chicken with hot water for about 5 mins, strained and set aside.
2. Boil 3lt of water in pot.
3. When water is boiling, put in chicken and let it boil.
4. When it's boiling, turn the heat down, and let it simmer for 30mins.
5. Put in onions, carrots and potatoes, let it simmer for a good hour.
6. After an hour, put in tomatoes for another 30mins.
7. Taste the soup, season with salt and pepper.

I like to slow cook my soup for more than 2 hrs, so that all the flavours will infused into the soup. I love having soup during winter, who doesn't right!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dao Vien Vietnamese

Self-heating can of latte?

Happy Mid Autumn Festival