Toast, East Perth

Sunrising 

My flight flying into Perth landed early in the morning the other day, because I'm not so much of a morning person, so being able to witness sunrises and to be awake in the morning was one of those "most appreciated moments of my life". That being said, breakfast by the inlet on a beautiful spring morning was even better, double happiness!

A Warm day approaching
Lonely bird staring at sky
We were half an hour early before Toast open its door for some toasting action! That wasn't a big deal at all as it was a pleasure walking along the foreshore of Claisebrooke Cove.

It's open!! 
The door were opened at 7am sharp, and it didn't take long for its place to be filled up by business suiters, morning cyclist and morning go-getter.

Herbies everywhere, needs trimming though! 
Crested Menu
We got ourselves a table outside because we were the customer to arrive and it was a beautiful day, but the inside looks cosy and full of character too! We were given water once we sat down without us realising, now that was fast service. After spending much time studying the menu, I went in to the counter and placed our order. The staff were friendly and greeted us warmly, it was nice to start the day with cheerful people.

Rubra Coffee - $3.80
Our coffee came out rather quickly, it has a smooth finish but not too strong or bitter and the milk was smooth but was heated a tad too hot to my liking.
Water, sauces and seasoning station
Corn Fritters, avocado, poached egg, hollandaise - $17.50
Both of us felt like having poached egg with hollandaise sauce that morning, luckily for us Toast offers many choices to go with poached eggs and hollandaise sauce. My driver that morning - SY, tried their specialty corn fritters with poached egg, avocado and hollandaise sauce. The corn fritters were a nice replacement to your usual sourdough or english muffin. SY prefers her hollandaise sauce to be thicker and richer, Toast's version was lighter though!

Eggs Benedict - $15.90
I went for the usual suspects that morning - Eggs Benedict, it was served with nicely toasted english muffin, ham and 2 lovely poached eggs then drenched with hollandaise sauce.

Runny & goey yolk weaken my knee
My poached eggs were perfectly cooked, as you can see from the picture above, it was creamy, goey and still runny. It went perfectly well with the lighter version of hollandaise sauce from Toast as the yolk makes it richer. I was even tempted to lick the plate clean at the end of my meal. One thing I really love about Toast is their toast, my english muffin were well toasted, by the time it soaks up all the creamy yolk, it was still crunchy!

I would like to go back to Toast to try the other stuff on their menu, especially on a day when I have a bigger appetite. I guess I'd better change my sleeping pattern to become a morning person. One down side though, being greeted by red colour tight fitted lycra bike pants from a huge guy wasn't a pleasant way to start the morning, I can see his "everything"!!

Food Quality: 4 outta 5 poached
Service : 4 outta 5 poached
Ambience: 4.5 outta 5 poached
Will I be back?: Didn't I just said that!

Opening Hour:
Everyday 7am - 7pm (kitchen closes at 5pm)
Public Holiday: 8am - 6pm

Toast 
Shop 21, (by the water)
60 Royal Street,
East Perth
08 9221 0771
Toast on Urbanspoon

Comments

Every review I've read of this place has been positive, glad it didn't disappoint for you either.

Couldn't agree more about the lycra. It should be banned where people are trying to eat.
Don't mind the black lycra, but would definitely prefer them to come in discreetly. But yea, maybe they should put up a sign that said 'bright lycra pants wearer are not allowed here!" LOL
Anonymous said…
Hi Food Drinks n' Sun, this review has resulted in me calling up my girlies and making a brunch date at Reuben Hills(Sydney, you have to try it if you visit! ...pancakes mmmm)…there goes the diet! I was wondering if I could maybe get some help? I’m working on a dating app atm, and a part of the app will have bloggers recommending 5-10 places in their city to check out for a first date, I was wondering if you might recommend maybe a few places you love? I will put links up to your blog on the app and so far we have 2,000 signed up to download the app (I’m pretty surprised but so excited!) you can pop on here – https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dG93enNmdHRPOTVuUWVqOFJMUElibnc6MQ or email me on lauren@heylets.com xxx

Popular posts from this blog

Dao Vien Vietnamese

Self-heating can of latte?

Happy Mid Autumn Festival