Can you resists this?


Attended a class when I was in Malaysia, we were lucky enough to be able to try these cute little things made by an award winning French chef - Meilleur Ouvrier de France(M.O.F.) Jean-Francois Arnaud. He is the master in pastry, he also used to be a consultant and trainer for Romania Team in the Pastry World Cup (Coupe du Monde de la Pâtisserie). Apart from winning alot of other award, he is also consultant for numerous pastry institute in Europe. He often travels to Malaysia conduct a few pastry workshop at the French Culinary School in Asia, Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia).

Unfortunately for me, I didn't get the chance to attend the workshop, as it is way too expensive, but I was luck enough to attend another short classes while he was in the kitchen making these cute little bugger for a press confrence. And we get to try them during our tea break.

Everyone in our class was stunned, especially the ladies with much of "wow, ooh, ahh, cutteee..." I can't help but get one of each for myself, and luckily for me I brought my camera along and starting to take pictures of them.

They are mostly macaroons, the yellow spiky head being passionfruit flavoured, the red lips is actually made of white chocolate and filled up with almond and dark chocolate. While the owl shape piece of artwork is made out of marshmallow. Too bad, I couldn't remember what was in the red donut shape gem!

If you are interested in attending his workshop and you are so happen to be in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, do try it out, he also conducted some sugar work classes and other desserts and pastry.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi DSQ

I would love to send you some information on an upcoming event that I think may be of interest for you.

What would be the best email address for this?!

Cheers,

Camilla Spry
camilla@devahasdinpr.com.au

Popular posts from this blog

Dao Vien Vietnamese

Self-heating can of latte?

Happy Mid Autumn Festival